The Parting Glass

So, this is finally my relaxing weekend, after last couple rally weeks running on thesis. Oh yes, it's not clearly done enough, and yes, remember, i still have Toddie's 15th to be caught next.
Watching some of latest epi from my favo serials would be a great 'while' getaway..
And it's time for Brothers and Sisters, s04, epi 21 and 22.


I become really touched, and sentimentally sad, watching this epi 22. :'(((((

As i've said before, what makes me really love to watch this serial, is because i feel like having lots of proximity. About the big family, the tough tradition, and yes, the family -food- company.
The Walkers have Ojai food, and the Leonatas have Kapitan food trading.

And in this epi 22.. They finally sold it.
With an additional style of plot by Paige's (Sarah's daughter) documentary film, it's more... touching...
And each time they talk about the workers, the company's asset, the building, the history, the meaning of Ojai for each own peron, I directly imagine about Kapitan.
Nononononononono.. of course, i really throw away thought about 'how if someday we have to sell... '
Nonononononononono. 1,2,3!
X(((((

But it's like. I know that feelings.
I know how much those Ojai means -in their own perception- to Sarah, Tommy, Norah, Saul, Kevin, Holly, even Justin dan Kitty.
Ojai have passed so many things around those 30 something years. The ups and downs, the benefit years, the struggling years, the changing leaders, and so on.

I'm thrilled while they have a last toast, "For Ojai," said Saul.
Then everyone just staring at that paper glass, trying to sip, and then speechless..
Then listening to Scottie's song at the end of this episode...

~The Parting Glass..

Of all the money e'er I had,
I spent it in good company.
And all the harm I've ever done,

Alas! it was to none but me.
And all I've done for want of wit
To mem'ry now I can't recall
So fill to me the parting glass
Good night and joy be with you all


*****

No, i really don't wanna make any supposition...
I just know more,
how much this Kapitan means to me.
And maybe to my dad, my mom, my grandpa, my grandma,
my sister, brother, cousin,
my uncle, my aunt,
my workers, and other people who are related in this business.

I may still 20 something, of course still too 'young' to say that i' ve known enough about Kapitan in detail through these.. hmm. maybe 50 something years?
I just hear some about the past years from my daddy.

But i know, It means a lot,
to my family, and people surrounds me.

I can't foretell the future.
But i'll always pray, whatever will be, 
there are no parting glass, in our own heart.


Thank you Daddy (both of you :)) for letting me know Kapitan.
I do learn a lot from that.


The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Comments

  1. I've just watched the episode as well!!!!!! It's so sad that finally Ojai's closing, Valen... And the senator's leaving at the end of this season. I don't think I ever wanna watch season 5. This is one of the best series around. I'm loving it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. huhuhhuhu FE.......
    really really sadd...
    *i don't know much about the senator? because i don't really into his scene. :p I skip in robert's, and justin's scene..

    really Robert will leave?

    Ojaiiii.. :'((((((((
    really reminds me of my family's company Fe....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks!