Future and Challenge

Yesterday i spent a night with my elder sis and dad. On the way go home from office, we talked a lot about the future of this family company. As i said in my last posted, this family company is now held by the two Leonata son, my dad and my uncle. Since the 3rd generation who are ready -on age- to be involved is my eldest sister and me, now the estafet stick seems started to be brought to us.

What makes me relieve, is that my dad isn't that 100% traditional man, which i've assummed before. From what he said, i can understand that what he truly wants is keeping and then expanding this company. He doesn't think that the heir of the company must be a son, so do my sister and i is just fill in the 'blank' spot waiting for my brother ready to handle that. Also, he's quiet logic, not pressing us being a forever united family company. If the circumstances doesn't make sense anymore, he said, "we can dedice next." Again, i relieved.

The highlite of yesterday is he also nudge conversations about my media works. And, by yesterdays' talk, now i know what he truly thought about that. He allows me, but doesn't expect much. He doubt i am doing a good way, but he let me learn from 'mistake'. It's like that he know, whatever i'm doing now, at the end i will know which one right. I know, he confidentally sure that i will back to work, the kind of work that this family has done. I know that's good thought. I know that's a realistic opinion. So, I didn't say anything, or giving my argument which i've prepared while this conversations out. For me, knowing what his thought about me is enough.

Then we talk another things. About people struggle around us. How they respond the challenge, how they keep on steady way or choose to take the chance and having guts to grow. Challenge, is a way that makes us grow, he said. He feel terrible while one of my relatives lose a chance to expand their career, just because he/she doesn't want to get out from his/her comfy zone. "Hardworking, jump for chance, don't be afraid with the challenge, grab ur time. You chase the chance, it doesn't wait you."

And that's the point.
I know it's not easy to do what i really want to do. And in a comparison, what i do now is still far from what my dad has done. Yea, i'm 21 and he's 51. He has been working in that company since he's 15. Comparing 36 years experience with my 3 years maybe isn't that fair. IN the other hand, i'm sure that's what he thought. Why must you start from this 3 years experience while you've already had over 36 years (count with my grandpas')guaranteed way right in front of you?
He's not saying that. But i'm exactly know.
The more u doubt me, the more u challenge me, dad. The more you said things about getting the chance, the more u make me sure how similar our personality. I don't even want to debate. I smile.

Challenge, that makes me grow.
It's just truly in my blood.


And All You Can Do Is Keep Breathing...

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky have a great father like him...and what a response did u do, cool! Keep on moving...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks!