It's not Serious, but We have to deal with it (day 2)

Morning
today's appointment is 9.15.
I come earlier at 9.00, checking in the name board of doctor in Mount E Hospital, comparing some reference from friends and relatives. Three doctor names we've got all are in the same major speciality: General Surgeon. So we feel relieved, we're in the right doctor. Hong Ga Sze. He's gonna be my doctor.


9.15 sharp. THe docter entering his room. Cool!!! It's rare in Indonesia! Entering his room, it feels cozy. There are a lot of his family portrait around the room. THe doctor seems nice and friendly. He asks me the chronology of my case. I try to explain in English (well, he ask me in English, too). And i stop with a word of, I have a...... benjolan..... (what's the English?) And he answers me," benjolan... lump." gyahahahaha So he can speaks Bahasa a little bit. Duh, tiwas aku wes sok gaya ngomong pake Bahasa Inggris...
Then, he checks my condition, and he said,"It's not Serious, but We have to deal with it. Coz the diametre is quite big."

To ensure his prejudice, i take another ultrasound test again. While waiting the queue i can still qatching 81th Academy Award. Looks like Benjamin Button, Slumdog, Revolutionary ROad, and CHangeling are dominating the award. hehehe. Sarah Jessica Parker, Natalie Portman, and Hugh Jackman looks good in their gown and suite.
I stop watching at Best Cinematography, while the nurse call my name.

Nurse: Miss Valencia
Me: Yes!
Nurse: What's ur name?
Me: Me? Valencia Leonata
Nurse: Where do you come from?
Me: Indonesia
Nurse: But i don't think ur name is Indonesian name. It's like American name
Me: (gyahahahahahahha, thanks mom for giving my name. if my dad naming me couple years ago, maybe it will be Indah Putri Leonata, not Valencia Leonata) Sorry Jaya... no offense. ;p

Waiting for the result, me, mom, n auntie decide to walk around in Paragon. O yeah, i take the test in Paragon, a building mix of mall and medical check up. WE go to one department store. And ooww... there are a lot of cute perfume bottle inside. Here's whad i've got. ^^


delicious green by DKNY (i love the colour so much!!!)


Givenchy-ding dong should be like this turqoise! (look at my face inside)



shu uemura spray. Actually it's not that important. But i love the colour shades!!!! Uuwww..specially the turqoise-mint one!


How creative Gwen Stefanie is. This is her chara.


L.A.M.B and G. Love, Angel, Music, Baby, and The Gwen. It's cute though the fragrance not that nice.

Noon
GO back to the Dr. Hong Ga Sze. He explains how many lumps i have. There are 1 big and 2 small. And he decides to take it all. THe operation will take 40 minutes, with total anaesthesy. He explain the procedure, and it won't left scar at all. So i take it, tommorow (today, February 24th) at 3.30 p.m.

After that i accompany my mom and aunt go to orthopedic doctor, Ravi Pille -Indian Doctor recommended by Hong Ga Sze (HGS). THen, its my turn to wait them doing check up and bone X-Ray also photo.

Night
My dad's friend takes us goiung out for dinner. FIrst we go to a traditional chinese restaurant. THe building is pretty old, but very crowded inside and outside. He said that this is the most popular Bakuteh Restaurant in SIngapore. Inside, there are a lot of the owner picture, posing with artist. I can see Jay Chow, SHE, Energy, Toro, 5566 posing at that picture. We order sour vegetables, dry tofu, taoge (what's that?), and excatly tha Bakuteh. Wowww now i know why this resto is so famous. The Bakuteh is sooo delicious and big! This is the biggest Baikut i've ever eaten!

After that, he take us go for 'dessert'. "Let's eat durian."
We move to another place, in the side of road. He choose a durian and the shopkeeper cut it for us. I don't like it well, basically i don't like durian. But my mom and my aunt love it very much. "It's sweet, and the seed is small. Indonesian's durian can't make it like this."
Still, i don't like it. He asks me what i want. "Chesnut, but just a little."
THen he buy me a lot of chesnut. Maybe 30 or 40 pieces. Uughh.... After eating three of that, i'm already full...

That's the second day... It feels like a long day, though we're just walking around at the hospital.
O yeah, my grandma will come at WEdnesday to check up her forget mind (pikun...). So it will be more interesting.

Comments

  1. Makes me want to go there too lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah
    dengaren... bukane biasae muak2 k sini wes an... btw, pas makan chesnut iku aku inget feli n kamu. hahahaha.. sing kita share chesnut di genting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abis makan baikut super gede trus penutupnya makan durian...

    (geleng2 kepala)

    Hahahaaa...ya...ya...Len, dalam masa pengobatan ini, kamu emang perlu makan yang banyak supaya tambah kuat...

    Gimana result nya? kan operasinya kemaren? kita sekomsel di sini pada doain kamu semua lo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. keliatannya kok enak banget yach... pagi2 baca ini bikin ngiler... ini medical atau culinary trip?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehe... bener2 thx 4 defending me vin... saya emang butuh asupan gizi yang banyak...
    so far so good kok operasinya. at least aku g krasa sakit apa2. result lab nya keluar sabtu nanti. thx buat anak2 komsel!

    ya semi-semi lah... le medical trip mlulu la sounds horrible. makae diselingin culinary n shopping trip! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duh senangnyaa...
    Eh2 nursenya 21? Gila apa? Marigini ak ta ngelamar keperawatan ae lah.. Hasrat jadi dokter ga iso HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  7. hiks...duriaan...hikss...
    i love that fruit!!! so muuch!! sayang'e larang pool :'(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Your page is cool! writing are inspiring too! I happened to browse your site while checkin out dr HGS from the net. I will have a medical appointment with him by next week. I have lumps...as you've said "benjolan"...i previously saw another surgeon, she said that one "benjolan" is suspicious...im scare so much scared...Hope you're doing great! Thanks.

    Rosel

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi dear, there!
    are you at singapore?

    it's been a year after my surgery *in this post.
    and now i feel totally great.
    don't worry dear. everything will be alrite.

    actually in a medical world, it's really not that 'scary' case. anyway, HGS is a great doctor! he'll give you lots information and explain the alternative as well, too.
    trust him, and trust your God!
    i believe you'll learn another excited experience, dear!

    you may share or ask anything to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for replying to my note...that's so kind of you =) I had fixed appointment with dr. HGS by next week, its the earliest possible. The waiting time is killing me =) I actually wanna ask you something is it ok to get your email addy? if its ok, you can write it to me at abanoroselle@yahoo.com. and Yeah, im here at SG =) I really enjoyed visiting your page once in a while =) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sorry just checking this old song. hope you'r good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hai, i have appointment with dr. HSG next week because my mother has a lump in her breast.. may I know how many days u spend in hospital before and after the surgery or is it one-day surgery? u can reply me by email lisch_tea@yahoo.com. thanks or your reply :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Valencia.apa bisa kita bertemu?lokasi jakarta ya? Soalnya tgl 17agst nnti istri sy biopsi dngn dktr hong.mohon penguatanny dan sharing pada nya tq byk rickysugiri@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks!